Prior to race day any emergency information such as pending cancellation or bad weather will be communicated to participants via the race app, email, social media and by posts on the website. On race day, emergency information will be broadcast via the app, social media, announcements over the loud speaker system, and on the NIXLE system. (Participants can sign up for the NIXLE alert system prior to race day by sending a text message to 888777 and replying with “BLOSSOM2016”.)
In the event of an evacuation of the Washington Monument Grounds, runners and spectators will be directed to seek shelter at “Safe Havens” at the following locations (listed in order of proximity to the Washington Monument Grounds):
- National Museum of American History, 14th St. & Constitution Ave., NW
- National Museum of Natural History, 10th St. & Constitution Ave., NW
- Hirshorn Museum & Sculpture Garden, 700 Independence Ave., SW
- National Air & Space Museum, 600 Independence Ave., SW
- National Museum of the American Indian, 4th St. & Independence Ave., SW
A map showing the Save Haven sites is on the race website, on the App, and will be displayed on the Jumbotrons on race day. Click Here for a map of Safe Haven locations.