Registration for the 2021 Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run and 5K Run-Walk has now closed. All registrants who entered by August 15, 2021, whether by Lottery, Guarnteed Entry, or Open Registration have been accepted into the in-person event on Sunday, September 12, 2021. See you at the starting line!
Check Your Registration Status
Want to check to see if your Registration was received?
A Word on COVID-19
While nothing can be completely certain with COVID-19, it appears that sufficient numbers of people will be vaccinated for the event to take place safely in-person in September. We will continue to monitor the situation to make sure that the race can proceed in a safe manner. If we decide the race cannot proceed safely due to COVID-19, we will offer several options to runners, including a full refund of your race entry fee. The go no-go decision will be made on August 1. If the decision is to cancel, the decision will not be reversed after that date. Click Here for the race policy on cancellation due to COVID-19.
While we hope that given the latest CDC recommendations we will be able to run the race as usual on Sept. 12, it may be that municipal outdoor gathering limits and any social-distancing requirements that may be in force will dictate how the event can proceed. Below are some of the areas that could be impacted if guidelines and local requirements demand it:
- Masks: Mask wearing may be required before and after the race, but masks may be removed during the race.
- Proof of COVID-19 Protection: We will not require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test prior to participating, but we sincerely hope that a runner experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms will opt not to take part.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing may be required in the staging area on the Washington Monument Grounds, lining up in the corrals at the start, and at the finish line. Runners may be encouraged to remain socially distanced throughout the run.
- Starting Time: We have been informed by authorities that we will not be allowed to extend the time we can keep the roadways closed for the event, so, if necessary, the race may start an hour earlier (6:30 a.m.) to allow more time for socially-distanced participants to start.
- Water Stops: On-course water may be served in bottles, and if so participants will be encouraged to carry their own hydration with them.
- Post-race Activities: Post-race food and amenities including bag check may be limited or eliminated.
- Pre-ordered Medals: Individuals ordering medals may be required to pick up their medals at packet pick-up.
- Health and Fitness Expo and Packet Pick-up: The exact nature of the Health and Fitness Expo will not be determined until August 1. If social distancing and crowd size limits are in force on August 1, the Health and Fitness Expo may be scaled down, but packet pick-up will take place at the National Building Museum.
- Kids Run: The Kids Run will not be held in 2021.