Credit Union Cherry Blossom Kids Run
SATURDAY, APRIL 2, 2022
National Building Museum, 401 F St., NW
Note: It is our sincere hope that the Kids Run will be able to go forward in 2022. We will closely monitor the situation with COVID as race day approaches, and we will cancel if we feel that it cannot be conducted safely. At this time, however, given that vaccinations are now available to children aged 5 and over, we are hopeful that we will be able to hold the Kids Run as planned. Please check back here for any announcements regarding the Kids Run.
The Credit Union Cherry Blossom 1/2 Mile Kids’ Run will start and finish at the National Building Museum (the site of the Expo and Packet Pickup at 401 F St. NW, Washington, DC 20001).
Pre-race games and activities begin at 8:00 A.M. The first wave of four-year olds will go off at 9:30 A.M. The race is on an out-and-back course and is closely monitored by sentries. Parents are allowed to run with their children. Bring the kids to run, then go pick up your packet and visit all of the exhibitors at the Expo!
Limited to the first 500 to register.
Registration: Registration will NOT be conducted in conjunction with the Ten Mile and 5K Run-Walk registration in June – Kids Run Registration will open on February 1, 2022.
Ages: The Kids’ Run is for children ages 4-10.
Race Start Time: 9:30 AM. on Saturday, April 2, 2022
Fee: $10. Includes t-shirt.
Packet Pick-up: Packet pick-up for registered Kids’ Run participants will take place on Friday, September 10 inside the National Building Museum between 3:00 P.M. and 7:45 P.M., and on Saturday, September 11, and between 8:00 A.M. and 9:00 A.M. inside the National Building Museum.
Awards: No times or places will be kept (no Bib Tags are issued for this event), but all finishers will receive a medal.
Fun and Games: We will be providing games and activities for the kids at this year’s Kids’ Run!
- CLICK HERE for the Kids’ Run Course Map
- CLICK HERE for the Kids’ Run Staging Area Map – staging area is subject to change.
Kids Run Information
- For security reasons as required by Metropolitan DC Police, every parent or guardian of a Kids’ Run entrant will need to locate and remove a detachable wrist band on the top of each child’s bib number. The wrist band will be imprinted with the same number as each child’s bib number. The responsible adult will detach and wear the wrist band around their wrist. After the run, kids will be released from the secure Parent-Child Reunion Area only to adults with a wrist band matching the child’s bib number.
- Every child on the race course must be registered and wear a bib number. Parents may choose to run with their child, but at least one parent must be wearing a wristband matching the bib number of their child.
- Accompanying adults may need to wear multiple wristbands as necessary for multiple child participants.
- Individual participants will run by age group, starting with 4-year olds and continuing by 1-year increments up to 10 years of age. It is likely there will be multiple heats in each age group, especially among the younger ages.
- Within each age group, heats will consist of approximately 25 participants. Each heat will take about 8 to 10 minutes. The four-year olds will run first, followed by the five-year olds and on up in ascending order.
- Each age group will be called into the secure pre-race staging area by the announcer. Bibs and wristbands will be matched by volunteers as parents and children enter. From the secure pre-race staging area, children will be organized into heats and moved on to the Kids’ Run course.
- Participants will finish and be directed to a secure post-race reunion area (adjacent to, but separate from, the pre-race secure area). Children will only be released to the appropriate responsible adult wearing the wristband that matches the child’s bib number. NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE. Any children not matched with an adult in the secure parent-child reunion area will be referred to on-site security personnel.