Credit Union Cherry Blossom Kids Run
SATURDAY, APRIL 6, 2024
11:00 am (Pre-run activities begin at 10:00 am)
Registration for the 2024 Kids Run Will Open on January 5.
The Credit Union Cherry Blossom 1/2 Mile Kids Run will start and finish at Freedom Plaza (the site of the 5K at 1455 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004).
Pre-run activities begin at 10:00 am. The first wave of four-year-olds will go off at 11:00 am. The race is on an out-and-back course and is closely monitored by sentries. Parents are allowed to run with their children. Bring the kids to run, then go pick up your packet and visit all of the exhibitors at the Expo!
Limited to the first 500 to register.
Online registration will open on January 5.
Ages: The Kids Run is for children ages 4-10.
Race Start Time: 11:00 am on Saturday, April 6, 2024
Fee: $10. Includes t-shirt.
Packet Pick-up: Packet pick-up for registered Kids Run participants will take place on Friday, April 5 inside the National Building Museum between 3:00 pm and 7:45 pm, and on Saturday, April 6, between 9:30 am and 11:00 am in the registration tent in Freedom Plaza.
Registration: Registration is limited to the first 500 who enter.
Awards: No times or places will be kept, but all finishers will receive a medal.
- CLICK HERE for the Kids Run Course Map (map coming soon)
- CLICK HERE for the Kids Run Staging Area Map (map coming soon)
Kids Run Information:
- For security reasons as required by Metropolitan DC Police, every parent or guardian of a Kids Run entrant will need to locate and remove a detachable wrist band on the top of each child’s bib number (each bib number will include two wrist bands so two parents or guardians can have them). The wrist band will be imprinted with the same number as each child’s bib number. The responsible adult(s) will detach and wear the wrist band around their wrist. After the run, kids will be released from the secure Parent-Child Reunion Area only to adults with a wrist band matching the child’s bib number.
- Every child on the race course must be registered and wear a bib number. Parents may choose to run with their child, but at least one parent must be wearing a wristband matching the bib number of their child.
- Accompanying adults may need to wear multiple wristbands as necessary for multiple child participants.
- Individual participants will run by age group, starting with 4-year olds and continuing by 1-year increments up to 10 years of age. It is likely there will be multiple heats in each age group, especially among the younger ages.
- Within each age group, heats will consist of approximately 25 participants. Each heat will take about 8 to 10 minutes. The four-year-olds will run first, followed by the five-year-olds and on up in ascending order.
- Each age group will be called into the secure pre-race staging area by the announcer. From the secure pre-race staging area, children will be organized into heats and moved on to the Kids’ Run course.
- Participants will finish and be directed to a secure post-race reunion area (adjacent to, but separate from, the pre-race secure area). Children will only be released to the appropriate responsible adult wearing the wristband that matches the child’s bib number. NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE. Any children not matched with an adult in the secure parent-child reunion area will be referred to on-site security personnel.