T-Shirt Art Contest
Call for Adult T-Shirt Art Design
Thank you for your interest in designing artwork for the Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Race. Due to the 2021 edition of the race taking place on September 12, 2021, we are postponing the start of the T-shirt art design contest for the 2022 race until September 15, 2021. The 2022 race will take place on April 3, 2022.
Adult T-Shirt Design Requirements
Although you won’t be able to submit any designs for the contest until September 15, 2021, if you want to get a jump on things, below are some design requirements and suggestions.
The artwork must include:
- The name of the race, “Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run”
- The race date, “April 3, 2022”
- The race location, “Washington, DC.” This can either be incorporated into the art or appear underneath it.
Besides that, we are quite open to different concepts:
- You can include or not include cherry blossoms, Memorials, runners, etc.
- It is generally not a good idea to include too much pink in the design. Despite being the color most associated with the blossoms (although many of the blossoms are actually white), designs with too much pink are frequently not popular with our male runners, (although the event is over 60% women), who tell us that sometimes the shirts are “too feminine.”
- Our slogan for the race is “The Runner’s Rite of Spring”, although this does not have to be incorporated into the design.
- Please note that we use the word “Ten” instead of the digits “10” in the name of the race.
- The incorporated name of the race is “Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run”.
- If your artwork includes runners, we encourage designs that showcase the diversity of our running community.
If your design is selected, we will be asking you to develop variants of the design suitable for posters, merchandise, signs, and printed and electronic materials.
You may submit more than one design.
The winning artist will receive:
- $1,000 for use of the artwork
- 2 paid entries to the Ten Mile race, plus travel and lodging to the race weekend (April 2-3, 2022) in Washington, DC
- Travel and lodging to the Fall Kick Off event in Washington, DC in late fall, 2021
- Merchandise from our clothing sponsor
- An invitation to the Volunteer and Race Committee dinners during race weekend.
If your artwork is selected, you will sign a release governing the terms of its use.
Kids Run T-Shirt Design Contest
We will be holding a t-shirt design contest for our 2022 Kids Run. Budding young artists aged 12 and under should check back here for all the details in December 2021.