Getting Ready to Run – 2021
Are you training for the Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run or 5K Run-Walk? No matter what program you are following, join our Facebook Training Groups to share your experiences and get support, motivation and tips from other runners!
Training Programs for the Virtual Run (Mar. 20 – Apr. 11)
All registrants in the Virtual Run will be assigned automatically to a FREE on-line training program offered by RunCoach. This program is for runners of all levels. During race registration, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of this program, or sign up for the RunCoach Gold Program for $20. The Gold Program supplements the online coaching with access to a certified Runcoach coach for personal consultation about your training.
Training Programs for the In-Person Race (Sep. 12)
All registrants will be assigned automatically to a FREE online training program based on your Projected 10 mile or 5K time you provide on the entry form:
- Kirt West Beginner Training Program Presented by ASICS (starts late June)
- RunCoach Intermediate and Advanced Program (accepted runners will hear from Runcoach about setting up your program after lottery registration ends at the end of January.)
Those not wishing to participate in a training program will have the opportunity to OPT-OUT on the entry form.
The Credit Union Cherry Blossom, in conjunction with ASICS and Garmin, will also offer two training programs for both Ten Mile Run and 5K Run-Walk participants at an additional fee. Use the links below to learn more about all the different training programs:
- Kirt West Beginner Virtual Training Program Presented by ASICS hosted by Coach Kirt West for 10 milers expecting to finish in the 1:55:00 to 2:20:00 range or the 5K Run-Walk between 37:30 and 65:00. (Free)
- Runcoach Intermediate and Advanced Virtual Training Program developed by Runcoach and designed for 10 milers expecting to finish faster than 1:55:00 or the 5K faster than 37:30. (Free)
- Runcoach Gold Virtual Training with Personal Consultation by Runcoach Coaches Supplement the online coaching with access to a certified Runcoach coach for personal consultation about your training. Available for 10 mile and 5K Run-Walk participants of all abilities. ($20)
- In-person Training Program for 10-mile participants of all abilities hosted by Potomac River Running as part of its PR Training Programs. Training runs are held in the greater DC metropolitan area.
The Credit Union Cherry Blossom will also provide an Injury Assessment Clinic hosted by MedStar Health. Details to follow.