UPS Bag Check Information
We are pleased to provide runners with a streamlined bag check operation this year, courtesy of UPS.
When you pick up your packet at the Health & Fitness Expo on Friday, April 1 or Saturday, April 2, you will receive a clear plastic Bag Check bag. These Bag Check bags must be used for Sunday bag check, so save them if you plan to use the bag check. No Exceptions!
The UPS Bag Check trucks for the 10 Mile bag check will be lined up on the West side of the Washington Monument Grounds toward 17th Street (see Staging Area map for exact location). The location of the UPS Bag Check trucks for the 5K bag check will be posted here soon.
Ten Mile Bag Check Opens at 6:05 A.M. 5K Bag Check Opens at 8:00 A.M.
Steps to Use Our UPS 10 Mile and 5K Bag Check System:
- Place your belongings in the clear plastic Bag Check Bag obtained at Packet Pick-up.
- Remove the UPS tag from the back of your bib number and place it in the space provided on the clear plastic bag.
- Tear off the Bag Claim Coupon from the top of your bib and insert it so it is visible inside your clear bag.
- Tie the drawstring together to secure the bag.
- Take your prepped clear plastic bag to the appropriate UPS truck.
- After you finish the race, return to the same UPS truck where you left your bag.
- The 5K will also use UPS trucks for Bag Check; there will not be a 5K Bag Check tent this year.
Please Be Aware:
- All checked items must fit in the clear plastic bag and be visible.
- We cannot accept backpacks or backpack-like items or large items.
- Your belongings are checked at your own risk. Credit Union Cherry Blossom race, UPS and other race sponsors are not responsible for damaged, lost and/or stolen items.
- Please do not leave valuables.
- Unclaimed bags will be returned to the race office and held for 30 days before being donated or discarded.
Ten-Mile Bag Check:
Location: UPS trucks on the West side of the Washington Monument Grounds near 17th St. (see Staging Area map for exact location)
Opens at: 6:05 a.m.
Race Starts at: 7:30 a.m.
Bag Check Closes at: 11:00 a.m.
5k Bag Check:
Location: Coming soon.