We hope that you (or your family and friends) will volunteer for 2022!
We will need over 2,000 volunteers (some on Friday and Saturday, lots more on Sunday) to conduct the 2022 event. No experience necessary, just a willingness to help out.
We appreciate our volunteers. Not only will you help put on the finest 10 mile race in the nation, you’ll be getting something extra for your efforts…
- 2022 Credit Union Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Short Sleeve Volunteer T-Shirt
- Volunteer Appreciation gift – to show our appreciation for you sticking with our team during this unusual year
- Transferable, Guaranteed Entry (at prevailing entry fee) to 2023 race.
So, if you don’t get into the race through the lottery this year, or if you just aren’t able to run this year, sign up to volunteer and obtain your guaranteed race entry for next year. Encourage your non-running spouse or friend(s) to volunteer. The 2023 guaranteed race entry they will receive for volunteering is transferable, so they can volunteer, and you can be guaranteed entry next year!
Volunteering and COVID-19
While we are optimistic that we will be able to conduct the event on April 3 without COVID-19 mitigations, we are deeply committed to the safety of our participants, volunteers and spectators.
Both CDC and Washington, DC guidelines change frequently and while the trend has been toward a relaxing of COVID-19 mitigations, we remain vigilant and prepared to modify, including tightening, our procedures as necessary as race day approaches.
We encourage individuals to register as volunteers only with the understanding that there is the possibility of COVID-19 mitigations including the following:
- Mask wearing while volunteering
- Social distancing while volunteering
- Proof of required vaccination and a booster, and/or a negative test within an announced number of hours prior to race day
- Altering or eliminating certain volunteer duties and responsibilities based on COVID-19 restrictions
- Requirement to wear protective gloves in performing some tasks
- Unavailability of bus transportation to and from remote volunteer locations
- Request for volunteers to remain at home if experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
We will conduct our volunteer operation on the honor system, which means we will not perform temperature checks or require a COVID-19 vaccine or negative test in order to volunteer.
Anyone who volunteers only to have their volunteer position eliminated due to COVID-19 mitigations will still receive their guaranteed entry into the 2023 race.
If you have any questions prior to registering, please contact Nita Roncone, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.